Todd W. Sleggs, Esq.
216.771.8990 – phone
216.771.8992 – fax
click to e-mail
Todd W. Sleggs, Esq. – Property Tax Attorney
As a property tax attorney, Todd has extensive experience in the area of property tax litigation and related matters. For nearly 30 years, he has handled property tax matters in all 88 Ohio counties and in various jurisdictions throughout the country. Todd’s accomplished litigation profile includes experience at all levels of Ohio courts and administrative agencies, inclusive of arguing before the Ohio Supreme Court on numerous occasions. Specifically, Todd successfully argued the landmark appeals of Sharon Village Ltd. v Licking Cty. Bd. of Revision, 78 Ohio St.3d 479(1997) [the preparation and filing of a complaint with an Ohio board of revision constitutes the practice of law], Dayton-Montgomery Cty. Port Auth. v. Montgomery Cty. Bd. of Revision, 113 Ohio St.3d 281(2007) [Ohio Board of Tax Appeals cannot revert back to county’s original value after taxpayer satisfies its burden] and Akron City School Dist. Bd.of Edn. v. Summit Cty. Bd. of Revision, 139 Ohio St.3d 92(2014) [Supreme Court defines “recent” in relation to an arm’s-length sale as occurring 24 months before or after a tax lien date].
When not assisting taxpayers, Todd enjoys boating, sailing and wind surfing.
Recent Speaking Engagements/Authorships:
Since 1995, Todd has annually authored the American Bar Association’s Ohio Chapter of the Property Tax Handbook and has been a frequent speaker at various legal and educational seminars.
- Member-American Bar Association (ABA) subcommittee on state and local taxation;
- Chairman-Ohio section of the Real Property/Probate and Trust Committee on Property Taxation;
- Member-International Association of Assessing Officers (IAAO), a worldwide association of government tax professionals;
- Member-Institute for Professionals in Taxation (IPT) legal and licensing and certification committees. The IPT is the leading professional organization for tax managers and others active in the state and local tax area;
- Member-the Ohio State Bar Association.
Mr. Sleggs earned his undergraduate degree at Miami University at Oxford (1984), and his Juris Doctorate from The Case Western Reserve School of Law (1987).